Name: Sam Osama
What makes Sam so mean?
At the vet’s we call him Sam, but his real name is Osama. Just his name should tell you he’s a mean kitty. We took him in as a kitten (for his own safety) after he kept tearing out screens at his former owner’s house and running across the street (like it’s a playground) to see our other cats. We soon realized what a little terrorist we had taken in. We’ve never had such a wild cat! There was really only one thing to name him. He’s grown from a little terrorist to a bigger, meaner terrorist. His increased size and strength only serve to facilitate his acts of terror, which include:
– Chewing and tearing the toilet paper off the roll.
– Chewing houseplants.
– Eating nameless hunks of crud off the floor.
– Jumping up on the mantle and knocking off whatever he pleases.
– Playing REAL rough. Picking fights with the other cats for the sheer hell of it.
– Eating off our plates.
– Attacking the vacuum cleaner like it’s just a big play toy. No fear.
– Joyously “helping” anyone who comes in to work on the house. Involving himself with loud heavy equipment. Climbing ladders. Fearless.
– Pulling down my tabletop Christmas tree two days in a row. Standing up on his hind legs and just SEIZING it. I finally took it to work to keep it from being destroyed. I’m afraid to get a big tree!
– Grabbing and attacking, with all 18 and the teeth too, any hand that reaches out to pet him (he defines this as play. I have scars.)
– Escaping out the door, running like hell from me, and disappearing. Damn good thing I have an ID tag on him. Some people on the next street, BEHIND his former house, called me one day last summer to say “We have your cat … that’s really his name?”
– Climbing screens. Still tearing out screens. He’s become a real expert! Damn good thing we have central air. Next summer, it’s window grilles!
Submitted by: Shari